Shrimp & Rice
This recipe takes less than 20 minutes to make it’s super filling and packed with protein.
I used rice for the base, but you can use any base you prefer. The sauce is perfection, it has a nice balance of sweetness and spice.
Ingredients for the Shrimp:
- 1 Lb Wild caught shrimp or regular shrimp
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Ingredients for the Yum Yum Sauce:
- 4 tbsp avocado mayo
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 minced garlic clove (if small cloves, use 2)
- 1 tbsp Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Korean chili paste (optional) I bought mine from WholeFoods
- Salt and pepper to your liking
- Peel and clean your shrimp, butterfly down the middle and add to a bowl. Mix all your seasoning and olive oil with the shrimp, use your hands to really mix the marinate well. You’ll want to let this marinate to soak up the flavors, or you can cook it up right away.
- Get a cast iron pan on medium-high heat.Drizzle some avocado oil, then cook the shrimp for about 90 seconds on the first side and about 60 seconds on the other side. You don’t want to overcook shrimp as it becomes chewy.
- For the sauce, you’ll want to mix together all your ingredients, then taste and adjust with what you like, if you want it more spicy you can add chili flakes but I like to add fresh jalapeños at the end.
- I like to measure out my rice so I know my macros, so I do 1 cup of rice add about 10 pieces of shrimp which is about 35g protein drizzle the sauce add some red onions tomato’s, fresh cilantro and jalapinios. You can top with what ever your heart desires :)