OmegAvail™ Ultra DHA
OmegAvail™ Ultra DHA contains fish oil on its natural TG (triglyceride) form. All DFH TruTG™ fish oil products are a minimum 90% natural TG bound omega-3 oils. OmegAvail™ Ultra DHA is molecularly distilled and filtered to ensure purity and to maximize the removal of metals, pesticides, PCBs, and other contaminants. Lipase is added to engance the digestibility and mixed tocopherols (antioxidants) are added to enhance stability of the product.
DHA is an important omega-3 fatty acid which plays an important role human physiology and is thought to have had a large impact on human evolution. DHA is not technically an essential fatty acid since the human body can synthesize very small, although insignificant, amounts of it from its short chain omega-3 precursor ALA (alpha linolenic acid). However, there is ample evidence which shows that in order to support optimal health and alleviate various pathological conditions, additional DHA along with EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) should be obtained from diet and/or nutritional supplements.
Benefits of DHA
- Anti-inflammatory – DHA is a precursor to docosanoids, which are regulating molecules produced by the COX-2 pathway that have anti-inflammatory, immune regulatory and protective actions in various inflammatory responses.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding – Important for proper fetal brain development; helps reduce risk of premature births and postpartum depression
- May help alleviate specific autistic behaviors
- Helps improve adult brain function and ATP production
- Helpful adjunct during chemotherapy – enhances apoptosis of cancer cells when given with chemotherapy
- Cardiovascular benefits – helps to lower cardiovascular risk by reducing triglycerides and platelet aggregation
Consider combining OmegAvail™ Ultra DHA with Phosphatidylserine, GPC, or Brain Vitale™